Gettin' Our Hair Done

Copyright c 2008 by David Paul Christman

(Soprao ukulele: 6454 / 6444 / 2222 / 4444)

Gettin' our hair done
Jessie and me growing old
She points her paw at
Just the right shade of gold

And now, at least until
Out our hair does playfully grow
She's in camouflage
When she sleeps on my pillow

I sit in the hairdresser's chair
Reading Vogue and Mademoiselle
Jessie falls asleep, a golden bear
In the big picture windowsill

And now, at least until
Our next appointment in 6 weeks
She's in camo as a pony tail
When I hold her up to my cheek

Gettin' our hair done
Jessie and me growing mellow
Just a hint of red setting sun
Tickling gold and yellow

Waking up to birds singing free
Stretching, sighing without tension
We untangle ourselves delicately
From mutual hair extensions

Gettin our hair brushed
Jessie and me growing bored
Singing along in separate keys
We head for the kitchen cupboard

Comments

Allison said…
PLEASE post an mp3 of this one. So touching! Without being touched-up.