I Gave My Heart to the Cat

Copyright c 2008 by David Paul Christman

I hate to report your sweet talk’s falling flat
Timing is everything and that is simply that
Mr. Paws was here and now, meow
So I gave my heart, every little part, I gave my heart to the cat

Sorry, you’re way too late
Yes, it’s true relationships are great
If I had met you earlier in life
I would have considered being a girlfriend or wife

I hate to relate your argument’s old hat
And fails to make my heartbeat pitter pat
Mr. Paws was here sharing fur and purr after purr
So I gave my heart, even the secret parts, I gave my heart to the cat

Maybe in the next life you’ll change priorities
And master relationships in your thirties
But I think you better plan another master plan
There’s more pure love discovered in a feline than a man

I hate to report your pleading sounds like gnats
And is not supported by the scientific facts
Mr. Paws was here with his hisses and kisses
So I gave my heart, with manual and spare parts, I gave my heart,
Even the heart of my heart, I gave my heart to the cat
and that is that, I gave my heart to the cat

Comments